~

~

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Some Trust In Chariots

Psalms 20:7 (KJV)
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:
but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Someone recently asked me to explain how I prepare physically and spiritually for the hard times I see coming. I gave the person my short answer which I will try to explain in more detail here.

I have found that the best way to prepare for times of trouble and persecution is to get very serious with our Abba and be very honest with Him. I have told Him that even though sometimes I think I am very strong and people may think and say that I am, I am actually way, way too weak to deal with the things I see coming. I have been so very afraid at times that all I could do is cry and tell Him how weak I am! Ha! Like He doesn't know that!!! After much seeking and prayer, I can say that I have peace that my God will be strong on my behalf in my times of my need, every time! Not a minute too soon. Not a minute too late!

I do not believe He is telling me to build an Ark or a Goshen at this point, and I am in no position to do either of these right at this time. I always have a little supply of food and water for emergencies as we all should. Instead, He is telling me to give to the poor and do all I can to help others. Now, if you are seriously seeking Abba about this and you are sure He is calling you to build an Ark, or a "Goshen" so to speak, you seriously need to obey Him! I know some who are, and I believe they are hearing from our Father.

The best thing is to directly ask Abba what He wants you to do and to please give you the wisdom, strength and means with which to do it. He WILL show you, but you must listen very closely for Him and get very serious about it. Most times He shows just a little bit at a time.

It is good to take time to fast...yes, I said that word that most believers hate to hear ...but seriously, there is power in fasting and praying!  Things really happen and it shows Abba that you are very serious! Fasting always involves giving up some kind of food, if not all food and even water sometimes too from what I see in the Word. It is a sad thing that people of other religions are far more faithful to fast and pray than those of us who follow Yeshua/Jesus !

Please be very, very careful that you do not put your trust in the earthly things you may have stored up! Our trust should be in Adonai (the Lord) and Him only! I cannot stress this enough. Again, the number one, best way to prepare is to have a right relationship with Yeshua and to follow Him. We must constantly stay in His "secret place" in prayer, the Word, praise, worship and thanksgiving. Corrie Ten Boom's sister, Betsie, thanked God for the fleas in the concentration camp they were in. Corrie half-heartedly went along with it, but could not understand why Abba would want them to be thankful for fleas, until she noticed that the awful prison guards stayed away because of them! This gave the women more time to preach and teach the Word to the other women who were there!

Please begin to learn as much scripture as possible because our precious Bibles may be gone one day. Learning the Word through song works best for me. Psalm 91 is my favorite passage. It encourages me and gives me hope. I know the King James Version of Psalm 91, but the Complete Jewish Bible is very beautiful as well:

Psalm 91
 You who live in the shelter of 'Elyon [Most High],
who spend your nights in the shadow of Shaddai [the Almighty],
 who say to ADONAI, "My refuge! My fortress!
My God, in whom I trust!"-
 he will rescue you from the trap of the hunter
and from the plague of calamities;
 he will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his truth is a shield and protection.
 You will not fear the terrors of night
or the arrow that flies by day,
 or the plague that roams in the dark,
or the scourge that wreaks havoc at noon.
 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand;
but it won't come near you.
 Only keep your eyes open,
and you will see how the wicked are punished.
 For you have made ADONAI, the Most High,
who is my refuge, your dwelling- place.
 No disaster will happen to you,
no calamity will come near your tent;
 for he will order his angels to care for you
and guard you wherever you go.
 They will carry you in their hands,
so that you won't trip on a stone.
 You will tread down lions and snakes,
young lions and serpents you will trample underfoot.
 "Because he loves me, I will rescue him;
because he knows my name, I will protect him.
 He will call on me, and I will answer him.
I will be with him when he is in trouble.
I will extricate him and bring him honor.
 I will satisfy him with long life
and show him my salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment