~

~

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Leave It In Father's Hands

Sometimes, people share things with me that I cannot comprehend because I have not been through it myself. I do feel their pain so very deeply, but feel so helpless when there are no words to comfort them. Maybe I am not supposed to comfort them, though. Maybe Abba wants to be their comfort. If He uses me, that's great, but I must learn to leave things in His hands. This can be the most difficult thing. I have often said, the worst thing I still hurt over from the death of my child is the fact that she suffered so much pain. I just cannot bear to see anybody suffering, yet I have suffered and it has been okay. Ah, that "fix it" mentality is very strong in some of us, yet there are wounds so very deep that only Yeshua can fix - but fix them, HE can!

There are a lot of things I do not understand at all. I am just a simple woman and have come to the conclusion that if a small child cannot understand some of the theology and stuff I hear talked about, perhaps it is not even meant for me to understand.

Corrie Ten Boom tells the story about how she and her father were on the train in Holland. She had been reading a book, which made her ask her daddy a question about sex. Her father thought for a little bit and told her to pick up his heavy case which was full of watch repairing equipment. She basically told her daddy that she could not pick up the bag! It was way to heavy for her!  He told her that that is the way it is with certain things in this life. They are too heavy for us, so we must let our Heavenly Father carry them.

Isaiah 42:3-4 (CJB)
He will not snap off a broken reed
or snuff out a smoldering wick.
He will bring forth justice according to truth;
 he will not weaken or be crushed
until he has established justice on the earth,
and the coastlands wait for his Torah. "

I am probably not interpreting this in the way it was intended,  but this always speaks to my heart about the kindness and gentleness of Yeshua. To me, it also puts His strength into perspective. The KJV puts it this way: "A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench"

Many of us are very bruised and about ready to break. Some of us are only just a dull ember, yet He will not snuff us out! Many times, He chooses to use the ones who are just clinging to dear, spiritual life and this way, we know it is from Him! He alone gets the glory and revives our hearts once more!

Oh dear Abba Father! Please fan the flames that want to die. Please make yourself known and deliver your precious children in this cold, dark world, for how can anyone stand without You? We love you and search for you everywhere! In Yeshua's precious Name! Amein ~

1 comment:

  1. Amen dear heart !!! very moving !! love you ((((((((Beth)))))))))) wish it could be a real hug !!

    ReplyDelete