~

~

Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Journey

One time, I got it in my head that I had to get me and the old boy to church. He had gone to church all of his life, but obviously knew nothing about the things of the Bible so I felt it was my duty to find him some good teaching. After all, we needed the fellowship...right?

Faithfully, I would drag him to a different church every Sunday, ever searching for that sweet hour of prayer, fellowship and teaching. We would either be late, or fight the whole way!!! Yeah, fun times. Finally, I decided ( notice that big "I" and not "we") that we should go to a local church in the neighborhood. It was only 5 minutes away and the people were nice, plus the pastor was new. He wasn't even the real pastor and had yet to be officially sworn in or whatever you call what they do when they make someone a pastor. The best part was the short drive there. We had no time to argue!

This pastor-to-be encouraged us to attend classes he was having about this particular denomination. That should have been my first clue something was wrong, but I wanted my beloved husband to understand God's Word and for us to have fellowship with believers. Is that so wrong? Seriously?! Anyway, I made a comment about Israel during this class, and pastor-to-be got very uncomfortable and made a comment about how Israel WAS God's chosen people but now things were different.  He emphasized the word "was" and something inside me panicked. My heart said, "No, this is not true!"

After a couple of months, pastor-to-be had a party in his honor because he became the official pastor of this church. A very strange thing happened at this party. The whole congregation attended. We were eating barbecue chicken and sitting at different tables. There were at lot of people there, yet this man, who was now pastor, walked up to the table my husband and I were sitting at and looked directly at me. He began to tell everyone at our table about his special barbecue sauce. The name of it was a play on words from a halloween movie. Alarm bells started going off in my head like crazy!!! Then, looking directly at me, he asked, "Do you know what you call shrimp, wrapped in bacon with my special hot sauce? Jewish nightmare!" ...all the while, looking directly at me! It was pure, demonic, evil, directly mocking me and I knew it! I was shocked! He laughed and walked away. I just looked down and my sweet, very sensitive husband knew he had upset me. The old boy asked me what he meant. I was not Torah observant at that time, but very quietly explained to him that Jewish people do not eat seafood or pork and he said, " Ohhhh!". You see, I was still on this great adventure, trying to figure out where my Father was leading me.

Meanwhile, the Lord gave me a dream that changed everything! So much started happening and I was hungry for Him and wanted to really, really know Him . I had questioned the prosperity and tv preachers for quite awhile. I was struggling with the Sunday or Saturday Sabbath. Everything was a huge struggle and a difficult, yet extremely great adventure!

The Holy Spirit (Ruach haKodesh in Hebrew) let me know that I must stop picking on my husband and let HIM do the work. He told me to keep my hands off! We cannot make people understand things...only He can. Needless to say, I left that church and left my husband alone. It eliminated a lot of confusion in my life and my marriage!



Shalom, Shalom!

1 comment: